The tools are regularly calibrated at the Rutherford facilities and subsequent verification occurs in a test hole in the Hunter Valley.
The calibration methods include;
- Water tank and calibrated sandstone block for low and high-density points as well as neutron-neutron at Rutherford facilities;
- Portable Delron and Aluminum blocks for field density checks;
- Portable variable voltage/resistance reference instruments for Self Potential and Single Point Resistance and Focused Guard Resistivity;
- Multivariable orientation, automated tool rotation stand for magnetic deviation;
- Digital thermometer for temperature;
- Air-based and portable resistance ring calibration for induction;
- Various diameter rings for caliper arms.